Execution of agricultural biogas plant projects
Our offer covers the preparation of execution of agricultural biogas plant projects, starting from the site identification phase, through securing substrates, agreements with farmers and food processing plants, technical concept, necessary administrative and connecting procedures, to investor supervision at the stage of construction and commissioning of the power station.
The development of a biogas plant from the moment of determining the site until procurement of all consents and administrative decisions takes between 1 and 3 years, depending on the site selected as well as the experience and knowledge of the team. Over 300 MW is currently being developed in Poland, at various stages of advancement, however only about 30% of projects under way stand a chance to be completed. Such high level of risk is the result of errors made at the time of selecting land for biogas plants as well as the lack of knowledge and experience of teams preparing the project. That is why selection of an appropriate team is key to the investment’s success.
GDP cooperates with a team of 12 specialists with many years of experience in executing RES projects, that is why we may conduct professional research preceding the investments for you (including among other things seeking out substrates for the biogas plant, finding a convenient location for the investment, selection of technology), preparation of necessary permits, construction.
Agricultural biogas plant due diligence
In the Polish market, many companies are contemplating the purchase of a ready-to-build project, or taking over an investment which is already in development. Every such transaction should be preceded by a sound and thorough legal, environmental, technical and financial audit.
Over the last 10 years, members of the team have participated in the execution of RES projects at every stage of development – from the site selection, through the development stage, to sale and construction. Thanks to their experience, they have an excellent knowledge not only of the Polish market, local realities, but also expectations of final investors. In the projects they prepare, they cooperate with European companies having long-term experience in execution of technical projects, legal, construction and energy aspects.
Agricultural biogas plants valuation
The implementation of each project should be preceded by its financial analysis. We create individual financial models for our customers, representing the development and life cycle of the project developed, which enables us to calculate the period of return on the investment, expected rate of return, and debt financing options.
Support of the project purchase/sale process
Members of the GPD team participated in the process of sale and purchase of more than a dozen RES with the total capacity exceeding 1,000 MW. Thanks to our experience and knowledge of the market, we can support you in the process of purchasing projects, and during the identification of attractive investments, negotiations with their owners, project analysis and execution of the purchase/sale transaction.
We look forward to cooperate with:
- Production plants which generate considerable quantities of organic waste (in particular: meat processing plants, slaughterhouses, dairy plants, food processing plants, distilleries, large pig farms and poultry farms);
- Farm owners dealing with plant cultivation and animal husbandry on a large scale. One biogas plant may service one or several farms;
- Local government units which may achieve regional development by supporting the operations of enterprises and farms.
Benefits of building a biogas plant:
- possibility of quick utilisation of organic waste
- elimination of waste storage costs
- activation of undeveloped land for production
- attractive terms of purchasing heat energy generated in the biogas plant production process
- production of cheap and efficient fertiliser through the fermentation process
- reducing problematic smells related to fertilising fields with slurry
- additional income supplying the budget of the local governmental institution from taxes which may be allocated to subsequent investments
- creation of new jobs in the region – activation of farms
- conducting pro-ecological activity – reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
GPD creates a portfolio of projects in which it is the main shareholder, that is why we are interested in taking over projects for which the development process has commenced, as well as projects which have already received the planning permission.
If you are interested in cooperation please contact our office.